Sunday, March 13, 2011

No Slave to God


"I do not want there to be a god because then I would be a slave. I would be a slave to this god and his imperfect and immoral precepts that I must follow. I would be a slave to this god’s creation and not a part of it where I can study the mysteries of the universe and ask new questions. I would be a slave to the god’s followers, their religions and dogmas that dictate the way in which I am to live including not being free to think for myself. I would be a slave to everything that is clearly not perfect. And, ultimately, there would be no escape. It is not some punishment after death that offends me. It is the punishment of a life with god."
                                                                                                                         Steve

Excerpted from Unreasonable Doubt & Illogical Apologetics.



0 comments: