Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornado in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

As many of you know horrific tornadoes cut a swath through the American South last night. Tuscaloosa, Alabama was one of the hardest hit places when a mile wide tornado ripped right through town. This is personal for me since I attended the University of Alabama as a graduate student in anthropology. Most of my friends have checked in and everyone is physically safe, but the devastation is unreal. Homes are gone, utilities are out and food and water are scarce in some areas.

If you can, please donate to Red Cross. If I find other charities I’ll update the post. Thanks.

Online: go to www.alredcross.org and click on the "donate now" link on the homepage.

Call: 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) and you will be prompted to a menu that includes financial donations.

Text: "Red Cross" to 90999. A response will include two options for donations, either to Japan or for Disasters: domestic and spring storms.

Please help find these missing people...

Alabama Storms People Locator



Check out photos and videos of the damage after the jump. ROLL TIDE!


















4-27-11 Tornado Tuscaloosa, Al from Crimson Tide Productions on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Erica said...

This has had me stressed out all day. I just got off the phone with Sarah and she said a few grad students lost their homes, and Toni Copeland had lots of damage. Sucky!

Steve said...

Yeah I have not been operating normal today. I am too worried and want to get down there.