Friday, October 5, 2012

Guess What Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) says are ‘Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell’?


“You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth,” he said. “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”
Read the whole thing here. By the way Broun serves on the House Science Committee in case you really wanted to headdesk. 



I've been feeling really burned out lately because I feel like this whole exercise is the same thing over and over and over. However, there is always a glimmer of hope in continuing to expose this insanity: A lot of people that do not think like this are completely oblivious to it. They really are. They just simply do not know because they aren't exposed to it.

Yesterday a co-worker was shocked...SHOCKED!...to learn how many Americans are actually creationist. Not just theistic "evolutionists", but actual "The Earth is 6,000 years old and created in six days" creationists. I sent him the Gallop poll and I watched his mouth drop as he read it. That felt like I accomplished something even if it was just that. 

UPDATE: I didn't notice this at first, but a still photo taken from the video of the speech Broun was spewing his nonsense is pretty funny. All the deer heads are staring at him as if to say: "What a fucking moron!" 


0 comments: