|via The Misanthropic Optimist|
- The Left Hemispheres Podcast Ep.10-He Had a Little Too Much Jesus In this episode we discuss the Catholic Church, it’s doctrines, and how anyone that isn’t a hardliner can call themselves “Catholic”; Richard Dawkins and Medhi Hasan interview on Al-Jazeera; and more.
- OBLIGATORY END OF THE YEAR LIST! The typical “our favorites from the past year” post.
- Westboro Baptist Church to Start Hosting Birthday Parties
- Shades of Black Atheism #1: Lauren Anderson Youngblood
- Carl Sagan’s Last Interview
- Religious belief and religious involvement have opposite effects on support for democracy
Science & History
- New Mars Meteorite Contains 10 Times More Water Than Previous Finds
- Planet's oldest fossils found in Pilbara, experts say
- Our galaxy's 'geysers' are towers of power
- Research unearths terrace farming at ancient desert city of Petra
- Houston, we have another problem: Study shows space travel is harmful to the brain
- "DNA Nucleotides Were Present Before Origin of Life"
- Finding Noah’s Flood: A Misconception of Biblical Proportions As stated in the article, this theory has been around for awhile. It’s a good one. The media just continually misconstrues it for ratings.
- America's Real Criminal Element: Lead
- Our New Antibiotic: Panda Blood I hope it becomes a soft drink.
- Say Goodbye to the Violence Against Women Act Between this and dropping the ball on Sandy Relief this Congress is shameful.
- Sam Harris: The Riddle of the Gun
- Sean Faircloth: Sam Harris Neglects The Most Important Evidence About Guns
- Anonymous Leaks Horrifying Video of Steubenville High Schoolers Joking About Raping a Teenager ‘Deader than Trayvon Martin’ ...I got nothing. If you can stand it, dig into the background of this story to get even more horrified.
- The Incredible Story of What Happened When Two Gay Men Were Harassed While Waiting for Pizza A great story for a change!
- Fox News’ Wildest Moments in 2012
- Mayan Apocalypse Results in Damaged Pyramid Caused by Tourists Even the stupid and silly beliefs out there have consequences.
- Mind-Boggling Giant Rock Naturally Finds Balance So far a scientific explanation has eluded us. However I know the truth!
- What Did We Get Stuck In Our Rectums This Year?
- Catholic church split over ordination of women paedophiles “The Catholic church is facing the most significant threat to its unity in generations as progressives call on the Vatican to advance the cause of gender equality and allow women paedophiles to be ordained as Catholic priests.”
- Which professions have the most psychopaths? The fewest? Is it any wonder that “Clergyperson” is in the +psychopathy column?
- The coolest music in the world: Listen to Siberian ice drummers use frozen Lake Baikal as an incredible musical instrument
- Sam Jackson refuses to answer n-word questions unless interviewer says the n-word
This is —hands down—my favorite album of 2012.