Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Link Dump 7/1/11


Theocracy Watch: Seven Mountains Dominionism: I would like to reiterate how much these people scare me. I mean it when I say I think they are the most dangerous religious “group” on Earth. All the bullshit scare tactics about Muslims and Sharia Law is just their strategy of pushing the malleable to the right and getting people to subscribe to the Christian version of the same damn thing.

Whisper Down the Alley: An excellent point by Jack using pop culture to explain the unlikely divinity of Jesus. Personally, I would have though the existence of reality shows in general is proof that either God does not exist or “He” hates us.

11 Amazing Atheist Women Profiles

Nancy Pelosi, Time Lord: as usual a very well written, reasoned, and thought provoking article by Matthew Yglesias at Think Progress. However, if I am going to be honest, there was no way I wasn’t going to use this link simply due to its awesome title. I like to imagine Nancy Pelosi traveling through time, righting the wrongs of the past by choking motherfuckers with her always huge necklaces.

33-29

The Right Wing and George Orwell - A fascinating and scary comparison


Random Quotes of RWNJ Nonsense

Climate of Denial: Can science and the truth withstand the merchants of poison? by Al Gore: Not that he would have been the best President or anything, but do you ever wonder—I mean really think about it— how different the world would be if Bush just never happened?

Oh well.

Trolling for Dummies by Dennis Markuze: I feel like I “made it” as an Internet atheist since he spammed me on Twitter recently. Mother is so proud!

Grief Beyond Belief: Faith-free support for non-religious people grieving the death of a loved one.

Richard Dawkins - World Atheist Convention, Dublin 2011

Stop the spread of the ecological fallacy: You should always read The Science Bit to see how the media completely effs up science.

The Sagan Series (UPDATED)

This is a galaxy?

Marriage According to the Bible

15 Awful Examples of Christian Propaganda

Coca-Cola, Oracle, Intel Use Cayman Islands to Avoid U.S. Taxes: This is an old article, but the subject has been making the rounds lately. The gist of the story: 18,857 firms file their taxes in this one building!

.

0 comments: