- "Andy, Have You Had Enough Rum Yet" The latest episode of the LH podcast, with guest Andy from Laughing In Purgatory.
- Why LH? In which I rant.
- The Universe Is In Us If anyone has ever doubted that Neil DeGrasse Tyson is the true and proper heir of Carl Sagan, let them forever be dismissed. No one has captured the sense of universal splendor and awe, along with our connectivity to reality, quite so well since the words were spoken, "Consider again that dot."
- The Cave: An Adaptation of Plato's Allegory in Clay
- "Why I Am Not a Christian" by Bertrand Russell (1927)
- Substance Dualism (Parts 1 & 2)
- Evolution by QualiaSoup An update of the original.
News from the U.S.
- Non-Religious On the Rise This isn't as simple as it sounds, but does show a trend towards secularization.
- Heaven is Real, Says Magazine That Doesn’t Employ Fact-Checkers Ugh. /facepalm
- Third-party candidates press on with their own debates Until people learn that we have other options, nothing is really going to change.
- Saving Teens from Obama: When Bible Study Goes Wrong Well, it starts going wrong when you study it as an authoritative text.
- Sunday Scofflaws: It’s Time For The IRS To Crack Down On ‘Pulpit Freedom Sunday’ Tax 'em. Let them say whatever they want. Their main purpose is providing a (dis)service, not charitable works
- Young Persons Called to Private Grand Jury for Owning Books There may be more to this story, but I won't be surprised if there isn't.
- Mother of Navy SEAL(and MRFF advocate) killed in Libya demands Romney stop talking about him.
- Guess What Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) says are ‘Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell’?
- Fact Check: What a 9,000-Year-Old Earth Really Looked Like "But that's not in the Bible," Broun replies with a straight face.
- Arkansas Republican: Slavery was ‘blessing in disguise’ that ‘rewarded’ blacks with U.S. citizenship This goes well with this. 'Merica 'n Jesus.
- Charlie Fuqua, Arkansas Legislative Candidate, Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious Children In Book
News from the Wider World
- Taliban Gun Down Girl Who Spoke Up for Rights Look at the previous link. Now look at this one again. Repeat until connection is made.
- Archbishop tells woman to reject gay son or suffer eternal damnation Because the Catholic Church is an international problem.
- Hey Look, It's A Map Of Inequality! That's Neat. Not The Inequality Part. The Map Part.
- Pussy Riot nominated for freedom of speech prize But, now they want to retract it. Because of blasphemy. /facepalm
- Moscow Court Frees One Member of Punk Protest Band More Pussy Riot news.
- New Species Photos: Giant Millipede, Horned Frog Among Borneo Finds Yes, it's "National" Geographic, but the story is in Borneo.
- Commemorating the Lost Lunatic Because the U.S. isn't the only country that celebrates this asshat.
- Gillard labels Abbott a misogynist It's nice to see her stand up for at least one group of second-class citizens.
- The Tunnels of Baiae Like the Oracle at Delphi, this may have been used by huckstering charlatans to gain followers and wealth.
- My Happy 3rd Blog-Birthday Message to You Our friend Martin Pribble celebrates three years of blogging. Cheers, brother!
- How to Spread the Good News of Secularism
- Every Argument Against Marriage Equality Calmly Debunked In 4 Minutes Or Less An amazing series of videos, both for their conciseness and their humor.
- From Stem Cells to Eggs (and Beyond) I love SciFri.
- What the Doctor Ordered: Building New Body Parts Can you tell?
- Super-Earth Planet Likely Made of Diamond De Beers will now be funding a space mission, but only as long as they can send their slave labor.
Matt Dillahunty's explanation of this. I think he has some good things to say that apply beyond the incident itself.