As always please direct questions, comments, suggestions, or discussion via email at email@example.com. Of course you can also find us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter @lefthemispheres.
Please subscribe to the podcast via iTunes and consider rating us. We know you are listening...
So the big news this week is the resignation of Pope Joseph Ratzinger. The internet, run by an intricate web of soulless non-believers was ablaze with pope memes. I couldn't come up with any side-splitting child rape jokes better than the ones you’ve already heard and I didn’t want to perseverate on the pontiff wordplay. There were so many banner pics to choose from this week. I couldn’t decide.
- A Pope Retires for First Time in 6 Centuries, Internet Has Field Day
- Pope Succession Candidates This has led to talk about a possible black pope. I don’t want to be called a racist every time I criticize the next pope by someone who wants to use race as a shield. It’s about as distasteful to me as announcing that I am a black man before each critique I make with my keyboard.
- The Great Catholic Cover-Up The pope's entire career has the stench of evil about it. Somehow Christopher Hitchens still gets the last word on this.
- "Critical Thinking Crash Course" by Dr. Peter Boghossian
- Faith Fighter Video Game I love this more than words can say.
- Ash Wednesday
- Old, White Preacher Raps: "Jesus Is My Nigga" Poe? We don’t know for sure.
- After Floating Idea of Lifting Ban on Gays, Scouts Delay Decision “...almost 70 percent of local scout units are backed by a religion-based group” This does not implicitly mean that all of those religious groups are anti-gay. But I think we all know what the anti-gay crowd claim is the basis for their views on the subject.
- America’s White Male Republican Evangelical Magical “Thinking” Racist Problem Is ALL of Our Problem Great. So now I have white people’s problems too?
- Atheism in the Media
- Trust me I’m lying
- Non-Belief Research in the United States A little less sexy, unless actual research gets you going. I don’t judge.
- 15 Questions Atheists Are Sick Of Answering For the 100th time YES. I am smarter than you.
- This Is Why Women's Hygiene Companies Shouldn't Let Teen Boys Run Their Marketing Teams
- DC Comics Hires Anti-Gay Writer Orson Scott Card to Write Superman Comic
- Report: SEAL who killed Bin Laden is struggling in civilian life
- Improving Science News in the Black Media: Lessons learned from my Ebony Magazine Twitter encounter
- Fox News Runs Photo Of Lesbian Couple In Story About Traditional Marriage Poor judgement is also “traditional.”
- Ice Age Lion Man is world’s earliest figurative sculpture
- Watch Live as Asteroid 2012 DA14 Whizzes Past Earth live feed for the asteroid today. Starting at 2pm.
- How to Watch Tomorrow’s Record-Breaking Asteroid Flyby of Earth
- Asteroid Impacts:10 Biggest Known Hits
- No, An Asteroid Is NOT Going to Hit Earth in 2106 I’m sure that there will be more than a few “rapture people” waving their hands in the sky waiting for the end of the world in 2106.
- Eye-Popping Interactive Panorama from the Curiosity Rover Watch this first on a large screen. Then again on a smart phone.
- Is Congress Finally Moving on Climate Change? They have four years before conservatives start pretending it doesn’t exist again.
- Robo-Eye to Enter US Market | The Scientist Magazine No price listed. I wonder if it hovers around 6 million.
- Missouri lawmaker wants to redefine science to include "faith-based philosophy," force creationism into science class Sounds like something for philosophy class.